You plan to go to Slovakia and you decided that you spend 3 or 4 days here and you are thinking
“What can I see in 4 days”?
Well 4 days is not that long, but let’s maximize your experience. If you plan 3 days only, just skip one of the days, and use still the same itinerary.
I suggest following 3 views, - one travel plan starting in Bratislava , another itinerary considers starting in Kosice, and one itinerary 4 days across whole Slovakia
These travel itineraries can be intense for some people. In such case,simply skip one of the places and adjust the plan to the speed you enjoy the most and take the travel more relaxing easy going way.
Travel plan for Bratislava & around
4 days travel Bratislava & around and you can travel by car
- Day 1: walk around Bratislava, walk around
- Day 2: visit Bojnice castle and zoo
- Day 3: Visit Trencin, check the castle, then head back to Piestany, experience world known healing spa procedures
- Day 4: Go To Stefanik Mohyla, It is the place where famous Stefanik died when his plane crashed
stop in village if you have chance just talk to people or go for a walk in nature around.
And head back to Bratislava and continue seeing Bratislava, there is still a lot to see J
4 days around Bratislava - Travel by public transport:
- Day 1: walk around Bratislava
- Day 2: visit Piestany, experience world known healing spa procedures
- Day 3 : visit Bojnice castle and the zoo
- Day 4: head back to Bratislava and continue to walk around, there is still a lot to see J
Travelling using public transport is still easy and well organised, you just need to plan your schedule little more.
Travel plan for Kosice & around
4 days around Slovakia starting in Kosice – by car
- Day 1: walk around Kosice, enjoy the evening
- Day 2: Go to Spis Castle and Levoca, end the evening in Tatra mountains
- Day 3: make a day tour in Tatra mountains (for example to Skalnate pleso, or Strbske pleso, but there are many other options. You can also go with cable car)
- Day 4: head back to Kosice, walk around Kosice and enjoy
4 days around Slovakia starting in Kosice – by public transport
- Day 1: walk around Kosice, experience beautifull historical downtown and enjoy the evening
- Day 2-3: go to Tatra mountains or visit Slovensky raj, make a some walking or hiking trips around. During the winter, I recommend Tatra mountains.
- Day 4: head back to Kosice, walk around Kosice and enjoy – or visit near by caves or try to arrange 1 day trip to wine cellars in Tokaj
4 days travel itinerary for Slovakia – across the country
This is your right choice if you want to pin point that yes I was there then use this travel plan for Slovakia
- Day 1: walk around Bratislava – if you are by car – head to Tatra mountains in the evening (3 hours drive) if you use public transport get the train
- Day 2-3: Tatra mountains. In the evening of day 3 go to Kosice if you are by car stop at Spis castle. if you go afternoon you can visit the castle, if you go in the evening and the castle is closed, you can at least see when it is lighted and breath in some atmosphere.
- Day 4: walk around Kosice and explore beautifull historical center
if you start this trip in Kosice, you just end up in Bratislava
The travel map
The travel map is showing all 3 variants if travelling by car of this short travel itinerary for Slovakia.
The itinerary travel map is showing all of the places for car itinerary - for travelling via public transport just skip some points.
You can also switch on/off points caves and castles so that you can see what is on your way, or how you can adjust your travel plan if you want.
Travel | Itinerary | plan | route | Cicmany | Bratislava | Kosice | Kremnica | Banska Stiavnica | 1 week itinerary | one week | 4 days | four days | Cairn of Stefanik | Itinerary map | travel map | travel plan | 4 days in Slovakia, 5 days in Slovakia, Slovakia trip planner, Slovakia travel guide, 3 days in Slovakia